[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Hemmoraging like an operation gone bad.... - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Hemmoraging like an operation gone bad....

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby Pok 7's » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:41 am

Pok 7's

Postby MBuckler » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:52 am

MBuckler

Postby Pok 7's » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:16 pm

Managed to put together a decent NL session at the 100's. Finished up a little over 3 BI's. As of right now I'm down 3.5 BI's for the month as opposed to 11. It'd be real nice if I didn't start every frigging month in the hole imo.

Here's the first hand that kicked it off. Villain was aplayer who gave me a tough time a little while back when I dropped 5 BI's in a day.

I have 109 and villain covers. I raise 3.5 UTG with [Ks][Qs] villain calls from SB and we take the flop HU.
Flop is [6h][Kd][Qc] I bet 5 villain calls
Turn [Qd] he checks I check
River [9c] he leads for 18, I make it 45 he shoves and I beat him into the pot he had 99
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Little button steal finally going my way:

I raise 3.5 OTB with [6s][7s] BB calls we take the flop HU
Flop: [2d][7h][4h] I bet 5 he calls
Turn[Th] I decide to double barrel for 9 he calls
river [7d] I bet 20 ha calls with [Kd][Td]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 streets of value? (this one I'm kinda unsure about my play here) I'm sitting w a full stack and villain covers:

I get dealt [Ah][Qs] in SB villain raises to 3.5 from CO I call as does the BB.
Flop [3d][Qd][7c] I lead for 9 BB Folds and villain calls.
Turn [4c] I lead for 20 he calls
River: [7d] I bet 35 he calls with KQo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 good hands against a drooler:
I have 91 villain covers I'm in SB with [Ad][Ks] MP and drooler in CO limp I make it 6 (little small I know) MP limper folds and drooler calls.
Flop [5h][Ac][4c] I lead for 12 he raises to 50 I shove and he calls with A7o, turn is a K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then a little later I pick up [Kd][Kh] in MP and I cover all the players Drooler has $62 in BB (down from 180 mind you)
UTG folds I raise it to 3.5 CO calls button(semi-regular) 3 bets Drooler shoves, I shove and CO and button fold.

Villain tables [Ah][2h] :shock: and my hand holds... He did flop a 2 and I managed to suck out FTW
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway that's about it, currently donking away $ playing micro PLO to wind down.. Pic will be up in the AM.
Pok 7's

Postby MBuckler » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:47 pm

fail
MBuckler

Postby Pok 7's » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:00 am

Pok 7's

Postby dropthe72 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:12 am

“Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another.” - broseph manny
dropthe72

Postby MVPSPORTS » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:18 am

MVPSPORTS

Postby dropthe72 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:34 am

“Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another.” - broseph manny
dropthe72

Postby MBuckler » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:56 am

MBuckler

Postby MVPSPORTS » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:35 am

MVPSPORTS

Postby dropthe72 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:57 am

dropthe72

Postby Pok 7's » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:19 pm

Pok 7's

Postby RedBarracuda » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:04 am

(6:35:48 PM) giantgrwth: I once beat up an attempted murderer, 25% true story
(6:35:59 PM) hard2tel45s: boxing?
(6:36:06 PM) giantgrwth: Yea
(6:36:14 PM) hard2tel45s: sweet
(6:36:30 PM) giantgrwth: He was my best friend too, lol
(6:36:48 PM) hard2tel45s: well u were in the crazy bin bro
RedBarracuda
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby Pok 7's » Thu May 15, 2008 1:08 pm

So guess I'll do a little updating.... Been a while.

I've decided to take a break from playing at Cake for a while. I have a bonus on Stars to clear which I was working on after my regular sessions. I would fire up a handful of NL25 tables and just play ABC, earn a few schillings and let the bonus clear.... Guess it's the bonus whore in me surfacing again.

So I decided I'll likely play more on some of the bigger sites like Start and FT.... Possibly AP as well but I'm still not sure how much I trust them, maybe I'll use it as a site to just donk around at the micros on at times, not sure.

I'm on the HEM bandwagon and have imported about 800-900 hands into it from my play at the 100's on Stars. I'm not exactly sure if it's because of the difference in sites or because I'm actually running something to track my stats but my sessions on Stars haven't been as nitty as I think I normally play. Over that sample I'm running like 19/17 and my W$WSF is at 45%. Be nice if I can keep those stats up but it's still way too early and I'm not sure what to expect long term since I've been trying to stay at. My goal is going to try and improve my post flop game more, but either way I don't want to fall into being a super nit.

Some of it I'm sure comes from running decent because I'm up somewhere between 3-4 stacks on just the Stars tables. Although so far my AA hand has netted me like a whopping $4 because I've usually just won the blinds or I got a walk in the BB.

Other than that I've just been trying to grind the best I can and focus on playing good poker.
Pok 7's

Previous

Return to Member Journals