[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Its been awhile.... - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Its been awhile....

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby JimmyJet » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:26 pm

JimmyJet

Postby Flavel » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:09 pm

May the poker gods smile upon you,

Flavel
Flavel

Postby JimmyJet » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:54 pm

Sorry mate, you kinda take it for granted people know what you mean.

Ok, the term "nit" means someone who is tight, maybe tight/weak but mainly tight. Someone who just plays the best hands, never bluffs, "nut peddle" would be the term, in other words, they are only interested in playing the "nuts" hence, nut peddle.

16/10 is a reference to poker tracker stats. As I'm writing this, I have no idea if you use poker tracker. If you don't, start.

16 is the VPIP, short for "voluntarily put in pot" which is a percentage of the time you voluntarily put money in the pot, i.e. not when in the blinds.

10 is the percentage of the time you raise preflop. So, if you play 16/10, you are tight and fairly average when it comes to raising preflop.

What I meant is, and this will mean nothing to you if you don't use pokertracker;

Someone who is running at 16/10, is pretty nittish, and would be suited best to full ring. Playing 16/10 when you are playing 6 max or shorter handed games, wouldn't be donkish no, but it wouldn't be as profitable. Simply because you when play 6 max, your range of starting hands needs to be opened up significantly.

Example;

You are playing full ring and you get dealt [4h] [4s] and you are under the gun. This is probably a fold situation, a limping situation maybe but definately not a raise. However, same deal, but 6 max, this is an auto raise. Your range needs to be much bigger.

Ideal stats for 6 max are somewhere in the region of 20/16. I currently play 20/15 and play 6 max. I personally find FR incredibly boring, as your range is restricted somewhat. I like action poker, I like to be involved (with good reason of course) in lots of pots. Playing FR and nut peddling just doesn't appeal to me.

VPIP and PFR and very simple, ABC pokertracker stats by the way but it's a great indicator to as whether you are tight/aggressive, loose/passive, tight/passive etc.

In terms of profit, in my opinion, 6 max is far more lucrative. FR tends to be full of nits (there's that term again) and it's real hard to get paid on your good hands, as most are just set mining or waiting for TPTK to get it all in.

This said, coming from LHE, you may find 6 max just too aggressive and fast moving. I'd recommend you play full ring but bear in mind to step into 6 max, you have to raise your aggression factor, especially in late position. A hand like 67s in FR, in mid position, 3 limpers before you, sure, limp. 6 max, you'll be raising that on the button, with the intention of c-betting a dry flop should you get called. And the times you do flop a big draw, your oppo will have a hard time deciding whether you have top pair, a set, or a big draw.

Basically, 6 max = Tight, aggressive, positional poker.

I think I may of veered off the subject a bit here but I hope it helps.

:D
JimmyJet

Postby emmasdad » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:08 pm

emmasdad

Postby JimmyJet » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:43 pm

JimmyJet

Postby Flavel » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:44 pm

Wow,

Thanks so much, Jimmy and the rest of ya. That makes alot of sense. I do have poker tracker and enjoy it. However, still having problems figuring out how to do the SNG on PS with PT. I have a hotmail account and not sure what I am doing wrong.

I really appreciate the advice everyone has given.

Flavel
Flavel

Postby Flavel » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:45 pm

Flavel
Flavel

Postby Flavel » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:17 pm

Flavel
Flavel

Postby JimmyJet » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:36 pm

JimmyJet

Postby Flavel » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:35 pm

Flavel
Flavel

My first time posting a hand...

Postby Flavel » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:14 am

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
6 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $4.96
UTG+1: $3.42
CO: $1.53
Button: $1.61
Flavel: $5.60
BB: $0.29

Pre-flop: (6 players) Flavel is SB with :5h :5c
UTG calls, 2 folds, Button raises to $0.08, Flavel calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: :2c :9d :kd ($0.26, 3 players)
Flavel checks, UTG checks, Button bets $0.12, Flavel calls, UTG calls.

Turn: :5s ($0.62, 3 players)
Flavel checks, UTG checks, Button bets $0.2, Flavel raises to $1.46, UTG folds, Button calls all-in $1.21.
Uncalled bets: $0.05 returned to Flavel.

River: :5d ($3.44, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $3.44)

Results:
Final pot: $3.44
Flavel showed 5h 5c

Here is a fun hand I played last night....This is my first attempt to post a hand so I hope it works. I took a small gamble on this hand then I baited the villan.

Flavel
Flavel

Postby Flavel » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:21 pm

Flavel
Flavel

Postby MBuckler » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:26 pm

MBuckler

Postby Flavel » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:50 pm

Flavel