[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Its a wrap. - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Its a wrap.

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby Kuso » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:13 pm

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby emmasdad » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:55 pm

emmasdad

Postby MTPaid » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:50 pm

Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby emmasdad » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:05 pm

emmasdad

Postby MTPaid » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:20 pm

Ok. Looks like you may have an idea of what your doing. Carry on.

One of the key factors I use though (public %), shows over 80% currently on KC. This could change by gametime, but road teams with over 75% public backing are 5-16 ATS so far. I've also been following a guy from Sports Insights. He comes out with a column picking 3 games every Friday. He has generally hit 55%+ over the years, but 15-9 this year. He has Miami, Oakland, and Arizona this week. I also use something called Composite Outplay factor which takes into account the difference in points scored and given up vs what a team's opponents have averaged scoring and giving up and then add in a home field advantage number. Most of the time this just tells me that a favorite should be a bigger favorite. I only really use it though when it gives me a dog of a FG or more that should be favored. Shows me Miami, St. Louis, Chicago could all be favored by a point or 2 this week, but I have to wait and see if any of these lines are +3 or more. I combine these with a couple of other factors I use, but if I went into everything, this would end up being an extremely long post. Your methods sound very interesting as well.

I believe the books know/use EVERYTHING, or at least everything they need to know and use. They aren't necessarily out to beat everyone, they just need to make their vig. In their perfect world, 50% of the players would be on each side.
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby Danhdan » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:48 am

"Million dollar play, ten cent finish."

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

"Laugh and the world stares at you; cry, and the world stares at you."
Danhdan

Postby emmasdad » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:23 am

emmasdad

Postby Xaston » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:26 am

Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself.
Xaston

Postby emmasdad » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:56 am

Pretty slow on the poker front this week, hovering right about even since last Saturday. I went out on Saturday and played some 3/6 LHE, got runner, runnered to death for -$200. EM had her own troubles, -$100. I made it up in cash game and SNG play online this week, but no major wins to speak of. I did get PTO up and running again, and have gone back to datamining PLO8 at full tilt, however I sat in a couple of PLO8 25 games yesterday to reaquaint myself, and donked off a stack with 2nd nut low and a janky hi against the rock of Gibralter. Who of course had nut-nut. So I need to get back into a rhythm, but I don't suppose that will be too much of a problem (I hope) [-o< [-o<

Also of note this week, EM took down her first 180 person SNG at Stars. She had final tabled a bunch of them, and had a couple seconds, but the elusive 1st place prize has finally been attained. No stopping her now, look out leaderboard.

I tried to qualiify for a few FTOPS events, but have always come up short. I should give up on attempting to qualify and just buy in. But I won't. The poker bankroll has been somewhat depleted by financial needs of the family and an extended break-even streak (most of which I attribute to having computer problems, which are now fixed). Time to get back to the grind.
emmasdad

Postby tommyhawk » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:58 am

tommyhawk

Postby Juskimo » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:37 am

[23:42] Mekos King: and lookin bck on it all
[23:42] Mekos King: I FEEL RICH JEWISH GUILT

<spank_her_pair> whats everyone up 2?
<stickdude> watching Pok's AA get stomped on by Jus's AK
<PocketSevens> For those who missed it there's proof that when you eat a lot of fish you turn into one

http://juskimo.blogspot.com/
j[d]
Juskimo
Rolled up since '05

Postby emmasdad » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:31 pm

Played this one hard2tel style, 13 rebuys and a double add-on, needed to finish 6th to get my money out of it.

[16:29] <GreaterThanU> how'd you beat all the $2r pros?
[16:30] <h2t> he obv lucksacked his way through the field...hard2tel style

emmasdad

Postby adamh » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:04 pm

mets better step it up
adamh

Postby Kuso » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:30 pm

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby Thxlbx » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:41 am

Congrats on the great finish! \:D/
Thxlbx

PreviousNext

Return to Member Journals