[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Playing Limit Hold'em - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Playing Limit Hold'em

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby woody » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:17 am

woody

Postby woody » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:36 am

woody

Postby woody » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:41 pm

woody

Postby woody » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:04 pm

Pokerstars 6-max limit hold'em .50/1.00

Three days and about 1300 hands of breakeven poker. I was down as much as $70. I gradually made a comeback and ended up right back where I started 3 days ago. I won't bore you with all the gruesome details of the downturn, but it seemed like my opponents were making an abnormal percentage of straights against me. I would have been in the positive, but today my opponents were making runner-runner flushs against me.

The good hand of the day was when I had 7h 6h and made a straight flush on the turn. And wouldn't you know it, both of my opponents ran out of money and were all in on the turn. So I probably would have won more money in the hand if my opponents had started with more money.

A couple of days ago, I flopped a couple of sets that were beat. Once by a straight on the turn, and another time by a full house on the river. But today I flopped sets which managed to holdup to win the pot.

The good news is that I cleared my $50 bonus that I paid for with 5000 FPPs, and I traded in another 5000 points for another bonus that I am working off. I still have another 30,000 points that I can later trade in for more bonuses, if they keep the bonus program in existance. Like I said in a previous posting, I like turning my FPPs into cash.

2007 Totals: Playing +1172 and Bonus +250.
woody

Postby Juskimo » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:31 pm

Use 25k for the $285 bonus. Slightly higher return than the $50 bonus.
[23:42] Mekos King: and lookin bck on it all
[23:42] Mekos King: I FEEL RICH JEWISH GUILT

<spank_her_pair> whats everyone up 2?
<stickdude> watching Pok's AA get stomped on by Jus's AK
<PocketSevens> For those who missed it there's proof that when you eat a lot of fish you turn into one

http://juskimo.blogspot.com/
j[d]
Juskimo
Rolled up since '05

Postby woody » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:35 am

woody

Postby woody » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:56 pm

woody

Postby woody » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:42 pm

woody

Postby woody » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:50 pm

woody

Postby woody » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:20 pm

I won another $3.

I was down about $25, but I managed to make a comeback.

The most interesting hand of the session was when I had pocket aces against Qh Th. My opponent got a flush draw on the turn and raised me. I reraised him and he called. The pot was big and unfortunately for me he made his draw on the river and I lost the pot. But I was OK with hand because I played the hand correctly.

I made a comeback because I flopped two sets with pocket sevens and won both hands. The second hand was against an opponent that had pocket aces and overplayed his hand, so I won a nice sized pot.

2007 Totals: Playing +1251 and Bonus +250.
woody

Postby woody » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:55 pm

woody

Postby woody » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:02 pm

I grinded out another $16.

No sets. The big hand was when I made the nut straight on the turn with Qs Js and won a nice pot.

The only time I had pocket aces, I lost to a straight on the turn.

2007 Totals: Playing +1283 and Bonus +250.
woody

Postby woody » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:08 pm

woody

Postby woody » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:04 am

woody

Postby woody » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:19 pm

20 DAYS AND 8,479 HANDS OF BREAKEVEN POKER

So far I am even in playing for 2008. I started out down and just continued down. At my low point though the month I think that I was down $150.

Partly though the losing streak I felt I wasn't getting good cards or flops and I decided to keep track of how often I was flopping sets from pocket pairs. At the low point I was only flopping 75% of the sets that I should have been flopping. So I knew that my downturn was primarily because of bad luck. My luck turned a little better and I started flopping a few sets and I started gradually winning. Now since I have been keeping track I am flopping sets 80% of how often I should flop sets. This means that since the low point I have been flopping sets a little higher than average, although overall still below normal.

The good news is that I cleared $250 in bonuses.

There was one interesting hand that I will discuss. I had pocket KK against pocket AA, and I flopped a set and won. The interesting point of the hands was that the betting was capped preflop, on the flop, on the turn and on the river. I do not remember this happening to me in a hand that I was playing. I won hugh pot.

2008 Totals: Playing + 0 and Bonus +250.
woody

PreviousNext

Return to Member Journals