[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Playing Limit Hold'em - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Playing Limit Hold'em

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby woody » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:05 pm

Pokerstars 6-max limit hold'em .50/1.00

I played a short time and won $10, so I am happy to report my first win of the year, even if it took me 20 days to accomplish it.

I won a bunch of small pots and made one flush draw on the river to win a pot.

2008 Totals: Playing + 10 and Bonus +250.
woody

Postby woody » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:30 pm

woody

Postby woody » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:22 pm

Pokerstars 6-max limit hold'em .50/1.00

Played a short time and won $7.

I flopped 2 sets out of my first three pocket pairs and was up about $20. But I managed to lose all of it when my opponents kept making flush draws against me. I was down a little until two hands in a row I got lucky to win. In the first hand I made top pair on the river and won. In the second I made top pair on the turn and won.

I attempted many bluffs today. At the beginning I lost most of those hands, but at the end of the session, my opponents were folding on the river enabling me to win without a showdown.

2008 Totals: Playing + 20 and Bonus +250.
woody

Postby woody » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:36 pm

woody

Postby woody » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:41 pm

woody

Postby woody » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:57 pm

woody

Postby woody » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:43 pm

Stil playing limit hold'em at low limits and trying to learn to multi-table.

In March I won $86.

2008 Totals: Playing + 164 and Bonus +300.
woody

Postby woody » Thu May 01, 2008 10:52 am

Last edited by woody on Wed May 14, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woody

Postby woody » Wed May 14, 2008 1:25 pm

Playing limit hold'em at the full ring .50/1.00 tables since May 4. Most of the time I have been 3 or 4 tabling with some success. The key obviously is table selection because for me playing that many tables, it is hard to get good reads. Although sometimes, I am able to get some reads. But since its only limit anyway, when in doubt I just call down.

When I first started playing at this level, I started playing about even, and then went into a 100 big bet downturn. I was kind of discouraged, but I had a $120 bonus which would expire in a couple of months to play off, so I kept playing to earn the bonus.

Until last Friday, I was still down the 100 dollars (which is also 100 big bets), but on Friday, I finally started winning and won back $50 or half the amount that I was down. Then on Saturday, I had a really big day and won $250. I played about 3,000 hands on that day mostly 4 tabling.

On Sunday and Monday, I broke even.

Then late last night (Tuesday), I found some loose tables and in less than 200 hands, I won $50. In one hand I flopped a set of 4s against limped in pocket AA and won a big pot. I believe that both the turn and the river were capped.

In another hand I had Q T against A 2 and A 7 on a 4 Q A Q 4 board in which both players stayed in all the way until the end. Oddly enough, one of the players with his pair of aces kept reraising me on the river and the river was capped. So I won a big pot on this hand.

Since I was on good tables, I should have kept playing but it was 1:30 AM and I needed to go to bed so that I would get a decent night's sleep before going work the next day. So I quit and went to bed.

I earned the $120 bonus.

I need to make another $400, and then I can consider moving up to the 1.00/2.00 level.

My plan is to continue to multi-table as long as there are loose tables to play on. If I can, I will try to take notes on the players but often this is not possible if I am playing 3 or 4 tables. If I cannot find a lot of good tables to play on, I will just single table and take notes on the players, and wait until more good tables open up.

2008 Totals: Playing + 819 and Bonus +420 equals Grand Total of $1,239.

SUMMARY: tl;dr : table selection FTW (obviously).
woody

Postby woody » Wed May 14, 2008 9:43 pm

woody

Postby woody » Thu May 15, 2008 9:23 pm

woody

Postby woody » Fri May 16, 2008 10:36 pm

I mostly 4 tabled today and won $105.

I actually played two sessions. In the first I had bad luck and lost about $25. I was down even more due to some bad cards on the river. In one hand I had KK against QQ in a big pot which was capped preflop. The flop was JJJ and I was in great shape. The turn was a ten, but I was crushed on the river when a queen fell. I got beat by a 2 outer.

In an other hand I had A T against A K, but I got a great flop of A T 9. The turn was a 8 and I check raised. But I lost on the river when a king fell. I lost to a 3 outer.

Both of the above hands happened very close together in time.

I was down even more in the first session, but I had two favorable big blind hands. In the first hand I had 3h 2h and flopped trip deuces and won a decent pot. And in the second hand I had T9 and flopped trip nines and won another nice pot.

I had better luck in the second session, and made up my loss in the first session and $105 more. Three times I was on the favorable side of set over set: 6s beat 2s, As beat Ts, and Js beat 5s. I had pocket aces more than normal, 8 times (normal would be 5.5 times) and won 5 of the eight. But in one of the AA hand I was against TT and lost on the river when a ten hit. That was painful. I also lost another AA hand to a set.

I turned in 5,000 FPPs for a $50 bonus, which I am earning with my play. It should be earned within the week.

If I count the bonus money I have earned I have almost enough to start the next level. However, I think that I will probably wait until the beginning of June to move up, if my success continues.

2008 Totals: Playing + 1,050 and Bonus +420 equals Grand Total of $1,470.
woody

Postby woody » Sat May 17, 2008 9:22 pm

woody

Postby woody » Mon May 19, 2008 7:42 pm

woody

Postby woody » Mon May 19, 2008 7:46 pm

woody

PreviousNext

Return to Member Journals